Local SEO and Ecommerce SEO both are the different terms. Most of the beginners in the Search Engine Optimization are using these terms interchangeably as they are not much aware of the differences in these terms. In today’s article, we will discuss the difference between Ecommerce SEO and Local SEO.
Before discussing the variation in Ecommerce and Local SEO, we will explain the various essential terms, which are as follows:
What is Local SEO?
Local Search Engine Optimization is somewhat similar to SEO. By implementing Local SEO, your website ranks higher on various Search Engine Result Pages when online visitors search the relevant keywords and phrases to buy products and services. Local SEO presents the best platform or website in front of searchers to get the goods and services to accomplish their needs and requirements, and it becomes possible only with geo-targeting. In simple words, we can say that Local SEO optimizes your website to make it more helpful and useful for the local searchers or visitors. This optimization helps get more leads and web traffic and enhances its ranking on search engines like Google.
What is E-Commerce SEO?
E-Commerce Search Engine Optimization makes your online or digital store more visible to the window shoppers in various SERPs. Usually, E-Commerce SEO involves optimizing your brand headlines, merchandise description, inbound link strategies, metadata, and navigational structure for user’s searches. You must design a well-defined web page for each product to attract more web traffic to the website. E-Commerce Search Engine Optimization can attract new potential customers to the website and can generate organic traffic. It helps you gain a worldwide audience to sell your products and services, which increases your revenue and enhances your business growth and development.
Benefits of Local SEO:
- Attract more potential clients at a reasonable cost
- Enhance the website’s online visibility
- Approach more people on other search platforms
- Create more leads and sales
- Get the competition edge
- Enhance your trustworthiness and brand authority
- Increase your local following
- Gain possible repeat customers
Benefits of E-Commerce SEO
- Represents elevating content
- Driving brand awareness
- Capturing the long-tail keywords
- Lowering paid search costs
- Filling the market funnel
- Expanding remarketing audiences
- Improving the user experience
- Creating lasting value
Top-notch strategies to enhance Local SEO
- Create a Google My Business Account – by creating a Google My Business Account, and you provide up-to-date info about your business.
- Get frequent reviews from loyal customers – it encourages local users to visit your website and increase your products and services’ sales.
- Optimize for voice search – in local SEO, it is indispensable to optimize your website for voice search to increase web traffic.
- Content creation based on local events or local news stories directly relates to local issues to attract local searchers’ attention.
- Mobile optimization – mobile optimization is an emerging strategy to enhance local SEO nowadays.
- Focus on local keywords – region or area-specific keywords or phrases offer a better user experience.
- Location-specific About Us pages – location pages are perfect to mention your business accurately to the local searchers.
- Online business directories – it assists in boosting your local SEO performance.
- Get high-quality backlinks – focusing on high-quality backlinks enhance the local SEO.
- Dedicated webpage creation for each product or service – for appropriate Local SEO optimization, pay attention to create a well-defined web page for each product and service.
Top-notch strategies to enhance E-Commerce SEO
- Reduce load time – fast loading time for the website is an effective strategy to strengthen e-commerce SEO.
- Resolve site errors – lowering site errors like broken links, redirects, or sitemap errors assist E-Commerce SEO.
- Optimize for mobile – the mobile optimization of e-commerce websites increase the web traffic and search engine ranking.
- Customer reviews – adding customer reviews significantly improves the user experience by knowing a third-party’s opinions about your products and services.
- Use markup to enable rich snippets and knowledge graphs – knowledge graphs and rich snippets are the essential factors to improve e-commerce SEO.
- Breadcrumbs – it allows Google and clients to understand the parent-child relationship of the product and its categories.
- Content optimization – optimize product description and category pages frequently to improve e-commerce SEO.
- Site search optimization – site search optimization affects the way how clients search your website.
- Monitor SEO visibility – continually monitoring SEO visibility enhances the performance of the e-commerce website.
To optimize the Local SEO website for search engines
CREATE WEBPAGE FOR EVERY LOCATION
If you are working for a business with different locations, it will be beneficial to create an attractive and descriptive webpage for every site. It helps attract more local searchers to the website, generates leads, enhances sales, and increases its revenue. It might take a bit longer and more effort, but it is beneficial for its long-run performance.
UTILIZE LOCAL BUSINESS, PRODUCT, OR SERVICE MARKUP SCHEMA
Implementation of the local business schema is beneficial for the success of the business. Local schema is an additional code to make your website more visible to the search engines to know who you are and what merchandise you provide. It focuses more on the details of each product and service.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS TO LOCAL DIRECTORIES
Adding your business to the local directory listing is a great way to optimize your local SEO website for search engines. It is a little bit time-consuming, but several tools or apps make it convenient and hassle-free and optimize your website for search engines like Google.
CLAIM YOUR GOOGLE MY BUSINESS PAGE
Claim your Google My Business or GMB page is indispensable for local SEO to get your SERPs outcome and Google Local Pack. You must pay attention to find the best strategies that make sense for your business or more relevant to your business.
UPDATE NAP CITATION ON YOUR WEBSITE
NAP Citation update is a significant factor in optimizing your Local SEO website for search engines. It is an online reference to the business that expresses its name, address, and phone number (NAP) for better user experience and makes it considerable for search engines. It helps in increasing local ranking, earn referral traffic, combining page one results, etc.
SET UP SOCIAL MEDIA SIGNALS
Optimizing your local SEO website for different social media platforms send positive signals to the search engines and enhance the ranking. You will have an optimum social media strategy to handle the content for various locations relevant to your business.
To optimize an E-Commerce website for search engines
OPTIMIZE HIGH IMPACT PAGES
The high-impact pages are the most-visited pages of your website. These pages attract more users to the site and stimulate them to engage with your site for a long time. It includes a homepage, product pages, category pages, blog post pages, and trending web pages. You must follow the appropriate SEO strategies to make your site more reliable and visible to the clients.
UTILIZE STRATEGIC INTERNAL LINKING
Internal or inbound linking is an essential way to lead your users from one page to another page. The better internal linking of a web page is beneficial to make SEO better. But you must pay attention to the number of links on the website to enhance the ranking of the website at search engines like Google. You can link your product, category pages and use breadcrumbs to optimize it for SERPs.
Always make your website usable or useful for the users to offer them a better experience. A user-friendly and trusted website attracts more web traffic and potential customers to the website. The organization of website structure, more page load speed, and mobile optimization of the website provides better signals to your website’s users.
Writing blog posts for your commercial website is frequently rising and will continue in the future. It is an indispensable and crucial source for the success of an e-commerce website. Blog optimization helps keep your website fresh, generate backlinks, enhance brand image, decrease bounce rate, enhance niche authority, and ensure the business’s overall growth.
CONDUCT A TECHNICAL SEO AUDIT FREQUENTLY
Performing a technical SEO audit is essential to maintain your company’s online presence on different search engines. The number of audits varies as per the business’s strategies, but it should follow once in a six month by every E-Commerce website. It helps avoid duplicate content, add XML Sitemap, frequently check errors on Google Webmasters, closely monitor updates in Google Algorithms, etc.
Difference between Ecommerce SEO and Local SEO
An E-Commerce website most frequently uses the Local SEO techniques to enhance performance, as follows:
- Descriptive and clean product URL
- Heading tags: H1, H2, etc.
- A useful breadcrumb trail
- Deep internal links to product pages
- Optimized images
- Internal linking from the homepage to a category page
- Consistent NAP
- Relevant rich snippets
But mentioned below are the differences between E-Commerce and Local SEO:
- Local SEO can increase or higher the rankings of locally location-based keywords and takes less time. On the contrary, E-Commerce SEO enhances the websites’ positions by targeting keywords globally, and it consumes more time and effort.
- Local SEO optimizes websites for specific locations, whereas ECommerce SEO optimizes websites worldwide. In short, we can say that the Local SEO performed for a single place, but E-Commerce SEO performed for multiple locations.
- Local SEO performs for the specific or a single location; hence it faces less competition from the rivals. But an E-Commerce SEO serves multiple locations globally and faces tough competition from the competitors.
- Local SEO focuses on fewer service pages of the website and for the specific region or area. In contrast, E-Commerce sites concentrate on optimizing category pages and structure for multiple places.
- Local SEO strategies are concerned more about nearby locations of the users. But for an E-Commerce website, it is convenient to stand out unique on search engines and concentrate on getting more eye-catchy reviews and rich snippets from distantly located clients.
- Local SEO requires adding location-based title tags to enhance the website’s ranking on various search engines. In contrast, E-Commerce websites must include modifiers like cheap, deals, buy, sell, etc. to their multiple location-based title tags.
Some Additional Differences:
- Local SEO optimizes the website for local-based keywords with adequate length and quality of the content or product description. In comparison, ECommerce SEO optimizes websites with a large variety of products with identical features. So, the explanation for e-commerce sites must automate with little or unique and short content.
- Local SEOs create Geo-Sitemap in addition to XML Sitemap to offer more detailed information about your business to the users. It will also help Google to find the geographical details of your location. In contrast, only XML Sitemap is much beneficial for the dynamic pages on E-Commerce websites. Besides, Google finds XML Sitemap helpful for e-commerce websites that keep updating web pages or adding new pages.
- Local SEO performs less content optimization as these websites contain only static pages, whereas E-Commerce websites perform more content optimization as it includes lots of content for the website.
- Inbound Linking and Cross-Linking strategies are less complicated in Local SEO when contrasted with E-Commerce SEO websites. With never-ending individuals making changes, huge E-Commerce sites regularly have inconsistent internal linking. If your canonical tags set up appropriately in E-Commerce SEO, have them pull the authorized instead of the forward-looking linking.
- When the users search for something on the sites, they also consider images a relevant information source. Local SEO involves the optimization of a small number of various business-related photos. In contrast, E-Commerce SEO includes image optimization for each product in category pages.
- Google considers HTTPS less familiar with Local SEO, as it is an emerging trend in Local SEO. Whereas adding HTTPS or website security is an essential step for E-Commerce SEO as it collects personal info like identity and financial status. So, an E-Commerce website must follow a secure and safe system, encryption standards, or certificates to offer a better user experience.
JevinTech is an elite and high-rated online or digital marketing services provider in the USA, Canada, and Australia. Our experts offer the most profitable sales medium-internet marketing solutions at affordable prices. We are an experienced marketing Professionals for promoting the goods and services of the clients.